Pages

Monday, January 01, 2018

January Goals and 2018 Preview

Welcome to 2018!

December 2017 Goals


Finish cougar kitten Yes

Work on Blackstone Fantasy Garden I had to frog - I was out by a thread, not a stitch a thread

Stitch an ornament Yes

Finishing on ornaments Yes

Make a January-March stitching plan
Yes


2018 Projects


January 1 there is a group Stitch Along start of Dragons of Sumatra by Ink Circles.  Right now that is my new project planned for this year.

I have many projects that are on the go:

Plum pudding
Canada sampler
Fantasy triptych 
Touching the autumn sky
Tour des marques (my oldest projects started way back in 2006)
Blackstone fantasy garden
Winter tree silhouette
Forest walk
Seasonal mandalas (summer is a quarter done)
Serenity prayer
My day complete

Also this year I want to do some of the Just Nan limited edition animal ornaments.  I believe there are 18 of them, I have three stitched.  

I made a list of all my projects and then couldn't decide what I wanted to work/focus on.  I decided to focus on selecting projects for January to March.

To do this I wrote each project on a piece paper, made a grid on my desk and then made Bonnie pick three numbers.  For a fourth I had my boss pick a number (she tells me what to do all the time anyways lol)




The projects selected:


Touching the autumn sky
Plum pudding
Canada Sampler
Fantasy triptych

For January I then turned the papers back over and randomly picked two

Which brings us to: 

January Goals


Stitch a Just Nan animal ornament
Stitch an ornament
Start Dragons of Sumatra
Work on Plum pudding
Work on Touching the autumn sky
Do Ink Circles Monday
Work on 

I organized all the Just Nan's into a box, and have most of the thread and fabric ready to go.  





I also changed the chair side cubes, I was finding the bins weren't working very well



And now it's stitching time!





No comments: